Saturday, February 1, 2014

Velvet Sofa Slipcover

Before:


A beautifully made sofa upholstered in an oriental chintz. There aren't any cushions in the picture because when I arrived to pin the slipcover, my customer had already taken them off and removed the old covers (so sweet!).The fabric was still in very good shape but it was ready for a change. She chose a really nice neutral poly velvet that was a dream to work with. 

The only design change we made was to raise the skirt a few inches to make it look more current. 



*Those wrinkles in the skirt are from being folded up to transport and will fall out over the next few days. Since this fabric is dry-clean only, I chose to line the skirt sections which makes them nice and crisp. 


Believe it or not, this fabric is from Hobby Lobby!! They didn't have enough in stock but ordered the correct yardage and it arrived in just a few days. Even though it's not machine washable, it definitely cleans easily. I know because I accidentally snipped my finger and had to clean up a few drops of blood (!)- a little Dawn in cold water took it right off. 

I hope my customers and their "new" sofa enjoy many happy, comfy evenings together!

See my little chevron canvas basket in the corner of the above picture? It was perfect for containing the huge coil (40 yards)of cording right next to my sewing machine. It's a little thing, but I love it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment