Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Canvas storage

I'm a sucker for storage containers. Boxes and baskets and jars always call my name in Target and Wal-mart or, if I was rich and lived near them, in Pottery Barn & Crate & Barrel. I found some heavy natural canvas, and chevron print duck for half price and had a little fun.



                                                                                 



Hello- is this cute or what?  It's 12" square by 10" tall- which is alot roomier than it sounds. 
the little handles were an afterthought but I love them. The bottom has a very sturdy removable cardboard base that is covered with natural canvas.How great would this be filled with cleaning supplies for a house warming, or in a gender appropriate color and filled with diapers, wipes & such for a new baby? On it. 

I also made one of these:


It's 15" square by 12" tall. A big load of clean clothes is in here with room to spare. 
I'm making more of these too to replace the plethora of ugly plastic laundry bins currently containing all manner of things. Our unmatched socks will be so much happier spending eternity in an attractive canvas bin. Gotta run and get some more canvas before the sale ends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment