A quality piece of furniture, it's original upholstery is stained and tired. That's just as well because I was free to snip off the remaining buttons and remove the gathered skirt. After a pretty exhaustive search we settled on this lavender cotton duck from Carr Textiles, with white duck for the cording and skirt band. The best choice turned out to also be the most economical. I pre-washed all the fabric and serge-finished the edges so the slipcover can be washed.
Because there is not a separate cushion I added velcro to the front corded edge from arm to arm to keep the fabric from shifting. This was such a fun and rewarding project and I know it's young owner will enjoy it for many years to come.
Post a Comment