Friday, August 21, 2015

Chunky Linen Slipcover on a Traditional Sofa

These homeowners may have been a tad nervous when their designer suggested slipcovers to update a couple of pieces. They wanted to turn down the "stuffy" but I think they feared something super relaxed and sloppy which would not suit their tailored taste. 

Here's the before, a beautiful curved front Sherrill sofa in oriental chintz: 

Here it is in a chunky linen slipcover with glorious eyelash trim. Fabric and design by Donna Katz of DK Designs in Salisbury. Sewing by me. 









This linen is so heavy I felt like I was wrestling an alligator while sewing the skirt on. But what a lovely result. I hope they love it. 

And over in the far corner, a plaid taffeta chair got a similar treatment in dark dusky blue with natural piping...





No comments:

Post a Comment