Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oh Baby! The Cutest Bassinet

Here's the "raw" bassinet  that was delivered to my house recently. As a surprise for her daughter, my customer asked me to make a cover for it. 

They know the baby is boy and she specifically wanted blue & white seersucker and a monogram. 




This is what I came up with. Sweet but not fancy. I think it's adorable. 
We discussed design and decided that box pleats were nicer for a baby boy. I loved her monogram idea and chose to make it a separate piece so  the bassinet can be used for future baby boys. 






It's one piece, except for the removable mattress, and I pre-washed all the fabric prior to construction.  The inner lining & mattress cover are quilted cotton, the band is 100% cotton broadcloth and the piping and skirt are cotton seersucker. Those little round circles on the inside are for the hood attachment that we did not use. I made buttonholes for them and they work like nice little anchors for the liner.

Is this not the sweetest thing ever? 

1 comment:

  1. Your site has something amazing about Infant Baby Bassinet. To know more about us visit website.

    ReplyDelete