Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oh Baby! The Cutest Bassinet

Here's the "raw" bassinet  that was delivered to my house recently. As a surprise for her daughter, my customer asked me to make a cover for it. 

They know the baby is boy and she specifically wanted blue & white seersucker and a monogram. 




This is what I came up with. Sweet but not fancy. I think it's adorable. 
We discussed design and decided that box pleats were nicer for a baby boy. I loved her monogram idea and chose to make it a separate piece so  the bassinet can be used for future baby boys. 






It's one piece, except for the removable mattress, and I pre-washed all the fabric prior to construction.  The inner lining & mattress cover are quilted cotton, the band is 100% cotton broadcloth and the piping and skirt are cotton seersucker. Those little round circles on the inside are for the hood attachment that we did not use. I made buttonholes for them and they work like nice little anchors for the liner.

Is this not the sweetest thing ever? 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make it less demanding for you and more secure for your baby, here are a portion of the fundamental rules you have to consider in picking the best baby bassinet in the market.Best baby bassinets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you make these bassinet covers for sale? This is just the prettiest one I have seen for baby boys. We have a bassinet that’s a family heirloom and need a liner and skirt for it.

    ReplyDelete