Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pouf!

I bought one curtain panel at Target  a while back. I have no idea what I planned to do with a single curtain panel, but I do like the color and design.

Curtain panels from Lowe's and Target can be a good option for home dec projects.  They are 55" wide by 84" long, and 88" if you snip out the top rod pocket. Catch a good sale and you have some pretty cheap yardage. This one is a nice weight, and it's unlined.  

Here's what I made with it:

A pouf! We're expecting a crowd at Christmas, and this will be the perfect little guy to tuck into the corner and pull out for extra seating in front of the fireplace. 

I stuffed it with fiber fill, but have heard of people filling them with scraps of fabric, and even old towels. Even though it is nice and full, it's pretty squishy when you sit on it. I think I might get some foam to beef it up a little. It sure is cute! This would be a great use for extra yardage from a project. 






No comments:

Post a Comment