Thursday, May 12, 2016

An Outdoor Oasis

I felt a little twinge of panic when I arrived at this home to measure for new outdoor cushions and received a spreadsheet of the sizes, styles and quantities. "Wait, is this a resort?" I asked. 

Turns out that no, it's not a resort, its just the loveliest backyard that you ever did see. 

After a 'to the studs' reno on the inside of their home, the owners couldn't let the outside go without an update. 

She did a great job of choosing a suite of Sunbrella fabrics to work together for all the different "rooms" that make up the outdoor living space.  



Not shown are a matching pair of chairs for the sofa grouping. 







Lumbar pillows in the grey chevron pattern will go in each of these poolside chaises. The inserts were MIA when I took these pictures. 

I'm not gonna lie, this was a big job, but seeing it all finished is quite satisfying. 
With the exception of the screened porch, all of the cushions have new "Drain Dry" foam, which allows water to run right through it. The guys at the Sewing Outlet in Federalsburg MD ordered it and then cut all the cushions to the sizes I needed.  They are great to work with. As were my delightful homeowners, just lovely people. 

Now we just need ol' Mr. Sun to return so the outdoor living can begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment