In my excitement to get started I neglected to take a "before" picture of this french style arm chair that I bought last Spring at the Habitat ReStore. It had a dark brown stained finish and maroon/blue/cream jaquard upholstery.
The first step was stripping off the old fabric and removing a million staples. Second was painting the frame. I used AS Chalk Paint. I know you're not supposed to need to sand with this stuff, but I went over the whole thing with steel wool first, just to make sure it was good and clean. After two coats, I did a little distressing on the edges and raised details and then gave it a wax finish with the AS Clear Wax. Finally, I made double welting and stapled on this most beautiful and perfect blue & cream linen that I found on the remnant table at Hancocks.
This is my third upholstery project and each time I learn a little something.
It's not perfect, but it looks pretty darn good. I popped it up for sale on Facebook and sold it right away, which made me miss my wine just a little bit less.