Monday, May 18, 2015

Blue and White: Always Right


I just received this photo from a real estate listing for my customer's home. She did a huge re-fresh prior to listing and smartly tied the whole place together with shades of blue and white. The wing chairs below look so fresh slipcovered in cream brushed canvas with navy trim. 


Before:




New seats for the chairs in the adjacent dining room continue with the blue & white theme, and add some personality. 



Here's a curvy little bedroom chair that I slipcovered for another customer using the same blue & white scheme. This time the in white matelasse. 



She wanted a skirt and since the top of the legs had a pretty exaggerated curve, I decided to use gathered corners instead the of the expected pleat. I also trimmed the skirt with a bias band in the same material as the cording. It's super feminine but also crisp and tailored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment