Thursday, April 23, 2015

Working on windows

Windows! After a long spell of mostly slipcovers (and lots of pillows, cushions and other things that don't end up getting photographed), I've had a few window projects in a row. I love a little variety, and window treatments are actually 50% math, which can be quite a challenge for this English major. 

 I don't do installation so I may or may not ever get to photograph these in their own homes. Here they are hanging on the back of my dining room chairs. It's not House Beautiful, but at least I can document them this way.



 Roman shade. Fabric is a shower curtain by Esprit. This will hang over a kitchen door. 


Shaped box pleat valance with contrast pleats and trim. Main fabric is white pique and the contrast is a mid weight chenille.The contrast band is made from 2" bias strips, steamed to the shape of the valance, then stitched in place. Heavy napped lining gives the pique nice body. This is going to hang in a bathroom. 




79" scalloped valance for a patio door. The fabric is an $8 clearance shower curtain. My customer searched for fabric that would work with her living room with no luck. She happened upon this and knew it was perfect for her space. It was quite the bugger to figure out how to make that design and repeat work out perfectly across the pleats. There was not one inch of fabric left. 



Pair of Faux Hobbled Shades made from wool houndstooth. These are for a designer customer. We were working with a limited amount of fabric left over from the upholstery. I think these are awesome. 



Hopefully I'll get to visit these once they're installed  in their various homes and get some better pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment